Prosperity of Mankind, Global Civilisation and who is writing the future.
We will explore the idea of why we need to acquire capabilities to be able to distinguish truth from falsehood.
This is a difficult task in this period of fake news, social media, consumerism, advertisements, vested interests often associated with corruption and the self centred style of leaderships. Not to mention instruments of war, weapon industries, ideological pursuits, markets forces etc.
In our efforts to serve humanity, we need capabilities which engender love compassion and mercy.
Capabilities which are associated with Rectitude of Conduct and forces that shape our twofold moral purpose.
Capabilities which are based on spiritual qualities of justice, freedom, equality, truthfulness, sincerity, honesty and fidelity etc.
Capabilities which are associated with the advancement of the civilisation.
Throughout history, God has sent to humanity a series of divine Educators—known as Manifestations of God—whose teachings have provided the basis for the advancement of civilization. These Manifestations have included Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad. Bahá’u’lláh, the latest of these Messengers, explained that the religions of the world come from the same Source and are in essence successive chapters of one religion from God.
Bahá’ís believe the crucial need facing humanity is to find a unifying vision of the future of society and of the nature and purpose of life. Such a vision unfolds in the writings of Bahá’u’lláh.
Presenter Vahid Sabzbalouch-Bam is a retired Engineer with 42 years experience, 25 years of which in Australia, being involved in Engineering Management, including 10 years at Royal Brisbane Hospital. He and his wife are active members of the Baha’i Faith, and participate in social cohesion activities in the community. Currently studying a postgraduate course at the “Institute for the Study of Global Prosperity”, he aims to contribute to the creation of a global civilization. Vahid Sabzbalouch-Bam and his wife and three children came to Australia from Africa as Refugees, because members of the Baha’i Faith are persecuted in Iran, their birth country. Prior to coming to Australia, they spent 12 years in Africa Zambia, promoting world peace based on ideals of the Baha’i Faith.
COVID SAFE PLAN IN PLACE
Please arrive earlier than the start time to ensure you have time to check in with the QR code to help keep Brisbane Theosophical Society and the wider community safe by following our Covid Safe Plan and current Government directives:
- Masks may be mandatory to be worn indoors at all times. Please observe current regulations on the day
- We are required to keep contact information about all guests, patrons and staff entering the premises
- Please ensure you scan the QR code on arrival (or use the other available options) and show the event host the green tick on your confirmation screen if using a smart phone
- Entry may be subject to contactless temperature screening
- Hand washing/sanitiser is required upon arrival and hygiene must be maintained at all times
- Everyone must continue to practice physical distancing and stay at home if you are sick or experiencing the following symptoms no matter how mild: wet or dry cough, fever, chills, runny nose, nausea, vomitting, headaches, sore throat, fatigue, body aches or shortness of breath
- You will be required to leave the building if displaying symptoms of Covid-19
- Contactless payments preferred for memberships, subscriptions, purchases, donations etc.