About the Presentation
Why is there so much suffering in the world? Is there a way of out of suffering? How to reconcile the inequalities between one person and the other? Vedanta attempts to answer these and related questions by positing the overarching theory of the Eternal Self, undiminished by the changing phenomenon.
About the Presenter
Swami Atmeshananda is a monk of the Ramakrishna Order, started by Swami Vivekananda in 1897. He is presently in charge of the Vedānta Centre in Springfield Lakes, Qld.
Covid Safe Event
Help keep Brisbane Theosophical Society and the wider community safe by following our registered Covid Plan. We are required to keep contact information about all guests, patrons and staff entering the premises.
- Arrive earlier than the start time to ensure you have time to check in with the QR code
- Scan the QR code on arrival (or use the other available options) and show the event host the registration confirmation screen
- Masks are mandatory to be worn indoors at all times unless current Health Directives state otherwise
- Entry may be subject to contactless temperature screening
- Hand washing/sanitiser is required upon arrival and before and after eating
- Everyone must continue to practice physical distancing and stay at home if you are sick or experiencing the following symptoms no matter how mild: wet or dry cough, fever, chills, runny nose, nausea, vomitting, headaches, sore throat, fatigue, body aches or shortness of breath
- You will be required to leave the building if displaying symptoms of Covid-19
- Contactless payments preferred for memberships, subscriptions, purchases, donations etc.