Discussion about the inner spiritual meanings of the mahatma letters
To ensure everyone feels safe, welcomed, respected and heard, we ask that participants make every effort to be respectful at all times of those with opposing views, to listen without interrupting, to be open minded, and permit everyone an opportunity to speak on an issue before speaking a second time. We are sure that the facilitators, members, and guests will be most appreciative of your support.
Freedom of Thought Resolution (1949)
As The Theosophical Society has spread far and wide over the world, and as members of all religions have become members of it without surrendering the special dogmas, teachings and beliefs of their respective faiths, it is thought desirable to emphasise the fact that there is no doctrine, no opinion, by whomsoever taught or held, that is in any way binding on any member of the Society, none which any member is not free to accept or reject. Approval of its three Objects is the sole condition of membership.
No teacher, or writer, from H.P. Blavatsky onwards, has any authority to impose his or her teachings or opinions on members. Every member has an equal right to follow any school of thought, but has no right to force the choice on any other. Neither a candidate for any office nor any voter can be rendered ineligible to stand or to vote, because of any opinion held, or because of membership in any school of thought. Opinions or beliefs neither bestow privileges nor inflict penalties.
The Members of the General Council earnestly request every member of The Theosophical Society to maintain, defend and act upon these fundamental principles of the Society, and also fearlessly to exercise the right of liberty of thought and of expression thereof, within the limits of courtesy and consideration for others.
Covid Safe Event
Help keep Brisbane Theosophical Society and the wider community safe by following our registered Covid Plan. We are required to keep contact information about all guests, patrons and staff entering the premises.
- Arrive earlier than the start time to ensure you have time to check in with the QR code
- Please ensure you scan the QR code on arrival (or use the other available options) and show the event host the green tick on your confirmation screen if using a smart phone
- Masks are not mandatory but welcome
- Entry may be subject to contactless temperature screening
- Hand washing/sanitiser is required upon arrival and before and after eating
- Everyone must continue to practice physical distancing and stay at home if you are sick or experiencing the following symptoms no matter how mild: wet or dry cough, fever, chills, runny nose, nausea, vomitting, headaches, sore throat, fatigue, body aches or shortness of breath
- You will be required to leave the building if displaying symptoms of Covid-19
- Contactless payments preferred for memberships, subscriptions, purchases, donations etc.