Need to change? Find out the how and why of it in the light of theosophical thought.
In this talk and discussion, we look at the state of our planet and explore just why we as humanity need to change. Drawing from Theosophy, which is described as “The Ancient Wisdom” and also from associated philosophies of being, we investigate just how change might come about and what we need to be doing about it.
Phillipa Rooke has been a member of the Theosophical Society since 1994. She is the former President of the Brisbane Lodge and a former Queensland State Representative on the National Council. She has given talks at the Brisbane Lodge and at various Lodges and groups around the State, at national conventions and at the School of Theosophy.
This is a Covid Safe Event
Help keep Brisbane Theosophical Society and the wider community safe by following our registered Covid Plan.
- Arrive earlier than the start time to ensure you have time to check in with the QR code. No late entries
- Please ensure you scan the QR code on arrival (or use the other available options) and show the event host the green tick on your confirmation screen if using a smart phone. We are required to keep contact information about all guests, patrons and staff entering the premises and it is a condition of entry
- Masks are mandatory at all times
- Entry may be subject to contactless temperature screening
- Hand washing/sanitiser is required upon arrival
- Everyone must practice physical distancing of 1.5m
- Stay at home if you are sick or experiencing the following symptoms no matter how mild: wet or dry cough, fever, chills, runny nose, nausea, vomiting, headaches, sore throat, fatigue, body aches or shortness of breath
- You will be required to leave the building if displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or any respiratory illness symptoms
- Contactless payments preferred for memberships, subscriptions, purchases, donations etc.
- BYO water as kitchen is closed due to Covid restrictions
Lectures are open to the public. See you soon!